Astrobiology & Geobiology
More Information Coming Soon
- How can we understand the origin of life on Earth and the abiotic/biotic transition in general in order to look for life elsewhere in the Solar System? What are the limits of biology in extreme environments, from the molecular to the organism level?
- To what extent does the cycling of volatiles in an emerging and evolving planet impact the impetus to develop and sustain life?
- How do interacting complex systems co-evolve: in particular, what positive and negative feedbacks have influenced Earth's co-evolving geosphere and biosphere?
- How is the origin and evolution of life connected to the origin and evolution of Earth?
- What are the forms of simple molecules and their aggregates take at the conditions of planetary interiors?"